It’s been a while since I’ve done this, so I decided to make a list of some important vocabulary words that I’ve come across recently. Remember, the rules are the same as always– try to use these words in your blog/writing some time this week for a chance to be featured in next week’s edition! If you use the word, or see it somewhere, comment below 🙂
Words of the Week:
- Inordinate– disproportionately large. Where I saw it used was actually in the old meaning, which is “unrestrained feelings and passions”
- Aplomb– composure under duress
- Egregious (also a great spelling word)– extremely, shockingly bad
- Constituent– being part of a whole, especially as a voting member
- Derisive– contempt or ridicule
Hope these help to expand your vocabulary a little bit! If you have a word you want featured next week, comment below! I look forward to hearing your words and seeing how you use these.