Month 3 complete! That means I’m one step closer to graduation, and to summer!! Admittedly, this has not been the best month for reading, or much of anything, but I’ll summarize what I have completed this month.
I’ve only finished two books this month, I don’t know how that’s possible. It’s been really really hard for me to find time to read, my audiobook is taking me far longer than it should, and I just haven’t really been putting as much time in as I know I need to.
- I liked this book, and although it is different from what I am used to, it was pretty good. I plan on writing a review soon, so bare with me. With alternating POVs, I enjoyed 2/3 A LOT but unfortunately it was the 3rd which dominated the screen time.
- I’m so so so glad that I chose to read this book!!! It was hands down one of the best books I’ve ever read and I 100/10 recommend, so if you’re looking for a good historical fiction book pick this one.
This list is almost the same as last month because I keep starting books and not really following up. I’m struggling really badly guys.
- Also on my list from last month, this book is good, but it’s a little tough to get through because I read it as my before bed book, meaning I only get through a few pages each night. It’s sort of on hold right now because of the next book…
- A new read! I said that this was a buddy read, but the thing is I’m being a terrible buddy reader and reading terribly slowly. It’s incredible right now though and I love all of the characters.
- (maybe if i read less books at a time I would get through them faster??) This one I received as an ebook review copy, and I’ve been really enjoying it. It’s such a unique read, and the protagonist is incredible.
To see my full list of challenges and the books read for each category, head over to my 2017 Goals page
Goodreads Challenge– I’m 8/25, which means I’m still on track despite being the worst reader in the whole world this month. Yay for reading 4 books last month!!!
What’s in a Name– 1/6! I’ve finally read one!! And, one of the books on my currently reading list counts for another!! Woohoo!!!
Read Harder Challenge– 6/24 so I’m on track. and is I’ll Give you the Sun written by an LGBTQ+ author? I can’t figure that out on the internet so any helpful commenting would be appreciated.
Best of the Blog…
Welcome to my favorite part of this post! If you haven’t read any of the posts that I talk about below, you should really, really get on that 😉
- The Mystery Blogger Award— If you want to learn more about me and read my answers to some pretty tough questions, then this is the post for you!! It got the most views this month, which I find strange, but if you all love me that much then yay!
- Interview with Susan Barton— You NEED to read this post if you are interested in books, monetizing your blog, or DIY activities blogs, because Susan does it all. She’s a crazy accomplished blogger, and I was so lucky to get to interview her! Consider yourselves lucky to get to read the post.
- Interview with Alistair Cross— I know what you’re thinking. Two interviews in one month? How lucky is she!?!?! But seriously, Alistair is an incredible author, and he has had so many cool life experiences, that it’s definitely worthwhile to read about it.
- The Book Cover Guessing Game— In which I try to come up with descriptions for popular books based only on their covers and fail horribly, featuring The Red Queen and All the Bright Places
- An Open Letter to An Author— A letter I wrote in honor of JK Rowling, which I liked and apparently you guys did too 🙂
All that Other Stuff…
- GUYS I’VE FINALLY DONE IT!!! 200 followers!!! THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!! I’m running a giveaway, so check it out below!!!
- I’ve started my editing business!! And I had a client!! And I did it! So if you have a novel you’d like me to read and edit, I’m looking for a new client to work with after April break. (AKA beginning the 17th of April)
- That’s all I really have to say, but I’m so excited about both of the above and it almost makes the not reading thing okay.
Win a Book of your Choice from my Book Review Index…
To thank you all for 200 followers, I’m running a giveaway!!!!!! Enter for a chance to win a book of your choice up to a $13 value from my book review index. Available everywhere as long as Amazon ships to you (I actually have no idea how it works). Thank you all so much for everything!!!!!
Did you make a monthly summary post? Link Below! Is Jandy Nelson LGBTQ+ or is it just her character? Comment below! Anything else? Let me know!
Check out my social media:
~ Now Venture Out and Change the World ~