I love July. It’s my favorite month of the year BY FAR because it’s purely summer and no responsibility except for sitting out on the beach and trying to get a little tanner*. When it comes to blogging, it’s actually difficult for me because I don’t want to be sitting inside on my computer, so I have a strong feeling that I’ll be doing a bit of slacking. Luckily for you, I have a book review scheduled for every Friday for the whole month, meaning that you will, at the very least, get 1 post per week!
*my white af body will never be what you would consider tan, but one can hope
This month, I don’t think I’m going to be able to read many of my ebooks, because I love reading physical books on a beach or which I go on vacation, I don’t know why, but I put them on the list just in case.
Ebook / eARCs
- Not the Only Sky— I started this book, and although the concept is interesting, it doesn’t have me hooked, so I’m going to have to sit down and read it for a longer period of time to really understand it and figure out if it’s working for me.
- Select— I don’t even know what this is about, it’s just a backup…. (I feel like I sound spoiled having backup books but I never expected to get approved for this eARC)
- Big Little Lies— I’ve had this book on my shelf for the past couple of months, and have wanted to read it for at least a year. Since I own it AND can watch a TV show right after, it seems dumb not to go ahead and put it on my TBR. (also side note but I got the TV show edition since it was on sale for $.50 but look how pretty the real one is)
- Lola— I got this book from Library Thing a little while ago, and I’m looking forward to finally starting it and reading my 2nd ever physical ARC!!!!!!!!! It also has an incredible cover, which makes me want to carry it around everywhere I go just to show off all the bright colors.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian— I’ve already started this book, and although I don’t love it, it’s interesting. I think it would be better not as an audiobook because the way this person talks really annoys me (I’m sorry that sounds super judgy and I’m not that way normally but when it comes to audiobooks I’m sorta picky). It was on my suggested reading in 10th grade and I never got to it, so I’m excited to finally be catching up!
- Behind the Beautiful Forevers— This book is beautiful, just like the title implies. I can’t guarantee how accurate it really is (Mumbai slum life is not my specialty) but it’s powerful and really resonates with me. The way it develops characters so far is absolutely incredible.
I want to read 450 followers this month, which is a little over 50 WP followers more than I have right now, which is going to be difficult considering I’m having trouble being on that much. But go big or go home!!!!
I would also love it if some people could submit guest posts that I’ll put up on the blog! they can be about anything even remotely related to books and writing, as long as it’s either well written or has a good sense of humor or I like you and what you’re trying to say. I’m hoping to get lots of submissions.
I am going to do Camp NaNo this month for outlines, which will hopefully get me through the outline of my current novel.
If any of you guys are doing Camp NaNo and want to make a cabin I would love to!
What books do you plan on reading this month? Have you read any books on my TBR? What are your blogging goals for the month?