Hey guys!! I’m supposed to be back from my hiatus today, but to be honest I don’t think it’s actually going to be possible to get back into blogging full time. I’m really upset about that (like really really upset) but I don’t know how I would manage to balance school and blogging. At all. I am so impressed by all of you that do it, and maybe someday I’ll be able to manage, but that day is not today. So, I’ll only be posting once a week, and sometimes only biweekly, from now on.
Since it’s my first post back, there’s going to be a lot of catching up things, so bare with me!
Around the Blogosphere
As part of my hiatus (and a while before that, let’s be real) I haven’t really been paying much attention to other people’s blogs. Because of that, I’m sure I missed out on a lot of really cool posts and stuff that has happened, which sucks, because I’m going to have to spend like the entire month just figuring out what happened in my absence. That brings me to this header. I’d love it if you could leave a comment with 3 things:
- Your favorite post that you wrote in September
- Your favorite post that somebody else wrote in September
- Something interesting that happened in the bookish community (whether it was an author scandal, blogger awards, or completely unrelated to either) while I was gone.
Over the next couple of weeks, I’ll go through all of the comments, read the blog posts, comment on them, and then compile a shoutout post to make up for my lack of interaction in the past couple of months. For this to work I need a lot of people to contribute, so make sure you join in!!
Books I’ve Read
I didn’t do a bookish wrap for August or September, but I didn’t read much then either, so I guess it sort of evens out.
- Strange the Dreamer (Audiobook– 5 Stars)— This book was absolutely incredible, from the writing style to the plot to the sheer uniqueness of the fantasy.
- One of Us Is Lying (Audiobook– 4 Stars)— I was really excited by the Breakfast Club concept, and I thought it was carried out well, although certain parts were a bit cliche.
- The Hate U Give (Audiobook– 5 Stars)— One of my favorite books in a long time. The review will be up Friday.
- Chop Wood Carry Water (Ebook– 4 Stars)— A nonfiction book about the power of process, but easy and worth the read.
- Not the Only Sky (Ebook– DNF)— I couldn’t get into this, and I feel bad because it’s an ARC but I did my best.
- The Clan of the Cave Bear (Paperback– 4.5 Stars)-– Really, really good. I’m working on the sequel now.
You’re probably wondering how tf I’m going to manage to write about my posts, when I haven’t posted in a month. Well, this is an August wrap too, so you’re going to have to trust.
- Savannah wrote a guest post on how to start writing a book that a lot of people found super helpful, and I did too!
- I wrote a post about cute YA friendships, and I was excited to hear that a lot of people agreed with me.
- Elm wrote a beautiful post on how she doesn’t read the same way other people do, and I think it was both eye opening and inspiring to hear.
- I talked about why I think there should be a 17-25 year old “college” genre that falls somewhere between erotica adult and high school YA, since there’s no market for that right now.
- Since the Glass Castle came out as a movie, I reviewed the book and fell in love, and a lot of people had similar opinions, so if you haven’t read it yet, you NEED TO! (the book, not the post)
Some Interesting Stats
I was scrolling through the stats for the month that I wasn’t blogging, and it was actually super interesting to see what was up and I wanted to share!
What people searched to find my blog:
- writing platform fictionpress– I wrote a post on fictionpress SUCH A LONG TIME AGO and yet it’s still popping up in searches which is absolutely awesome!!!
https://writethroughthenight.wordpress.com/– I guess if you search my blog name it better come up!
hotvromance and aex– wtf is this and how did my blog come up??? I don’t understand at all but I mean I guess hot romance and sex are cool????? I guess???
blog– I’m not sure how far you had to go through the search list but props to you and I’m glad you found me!!!
How WTTN fared without me:
- August views: 1,143
- September views:
honestly that’s a huge drop but it was very expected so I’m more than okay with it. I was expecting to get virtually none, and so the fact that so many people bothered to look at my site when nothing new was being posted makes me smile.
I actually gained 10 followers so that’s pretty cool!
What was your top post in the past couple of months? Your favorite to read? What books are the new favorites? What drama did I miss? fill me in!
Check out my Social Media:
~ Now Venture out and Change the World ~