It’s hard to believe that its already August. I feel like it was just a month ago that the air was freezing cold and nobody wanted to go outside because it was April and still felt like January. But we’ve made it, and that means that not only the summer, but the year, is already half over!! This year was wild, since it was the first where I was in college for the entire thing, and made my blogging life way different than it used to be. That being said, I still had a fun year, and I’m here to tell you guys all about it.
It’s February! (yes it has been for over a week, and this post is super late, but let’s ignore that please and move on)
I’m sure y’all know this, but January was a little rough for me. It should have been my 2nd month back from hiatus but instead it turned into unplanned mini hiatus, which is… not so great. I think I bounced back strong at the end though (aka posted roughly twice) and it was a good month for reading, so overall, could have been much worse.
Happy New Year Everyone!!!! It feels bizarre that the year is 2018… I mean, I still sometimes think it’s 2008, the fact that it has been 10 years since then is just weird. But anyways, I can’t wait for this year, and have already been working on some resolutions/goals, and a TBR to share with you all.
I love July. It’s my favorite month of the year BY FAR because it’s purely summer and no responsibility except for sitting out on the beach and trying to get a little tanner*. When it comes to blogging, it’s actually difficult for me because I don’t want to be sitting inside on my computer, so I have a strong feeling that I’ll be doing a bit of slacking. Luckily for you, I have a book review scheduled for every Friday for the whole month, meaning that you will, at the very least, get 1 post per week!
*my white af body will never be what you would consider tan, but one can hope
This month, I don’t think I’m going to be able to read many of my ebooks, because I love reading physical books on a beach or which I go on vacation, I don’t know why, but I put them on the list just in case.
Ebook / eARCs
- Not the Only Sky— I started this book, and although the concept is interesting, it doesn’t have me hooked, so I’m going to have to sit down and read it for a longer period of time to really understand it and figure out if it’s working for me.
- Select— I don’t even know what this is about, it’s just a backup…. (I feel like I sound spoiled having backup books but I never expected to get approved for this eARC)
- Big Little Lies— I’ve had this book on my shelf for the past couple of months, and have wanted to read it for at least a year. Since I own it AND can watch a TV show right after, it seems dumb not to go ahead and put it on my TBR. (also side note but I got the TV show edition since it was on sale for $.50 but look how pretty the real one is)
- Lola— I got this book from Library Thing a little while ago, and I’m looking forward to finally starting it and reading my 2nd ever physical ARC!!!!!!!!! It also has an incredible cover, which makes me want to carry it around everywhere I go just to show off all the bright colors.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian— I’ve already started this book, and although I don’t love it, it’s interesting. I think it would be better not as an audiobook because the way this person talks really annoys me (I’m sorry that sounds super judgy and I’m not that way normally but when it comes to audiobooks I’m sorta picky). It was on my suggested reading in 10th grade and I never got to it, so I’m excited to finally be catching up!
- Behind the Beautiful Forevers— This book is beautiful, just like the title implies. I can’t guarantee how accurate it really is (Mumbai slum life is not my specialty) but it’s powerful and really resonates with me. The way it develops characters so far is absolutely incredible.
I want to read 450 followers this month, which is a little over 50 WP followers more than I have right now, which is going to be difficult considering I’m having trouble being on that much. But go big or go home!!!!
I would also love it if some people could submit guest posts that I’ll put up on the blog! they can be about anything even remotely related to books and writing, as long as it’s either well written or has a good sense of humor or I like you and what you’re trying to say. I’m hoping to get lots of submissions.
I am going to do Camp NaNo this month for outlines, which will hopefully get me through the outline of my current novel.
If any of you guys are doing Camp NaNo and want to make a cabin I would love to!
What books do you plan on reading this month? Have you read any books on my TBR? What are your blogging goals for the month?
Okay, I have to admit it. This is kind of a filler post. Ahhh! What am I doing! I know, that’s what I was thinking. But T5W is always a fun community to be a part of and I wasn’t able to finalise the book review post I had planned for today (Yes! There’s one coming!)
I actually have a longer version of my 2017 goals here, on a page that will be pinned to my menu all year, so feel free to check it out for challenges, TBR, blogging goals, and more! Because of that, I decided that I’ll focus on elaborating on why I have some of the blogging/reading goals that I do this year!
1.Read More Books (I’m a book blogger, for Pete’s sake!)
In 2016, I only made it through 19 books. 19!! And this has been typical over the past few years, as school has come to take up more and more of my life, overcoming me with the burden of high school and college on the horizon. But, I am upping my Goodreads goal to 25 for the coming year (please don’t laugh) and in an ideal world I would get 50. But, even though many of you will get 200, I need to do what works for me. And 25 reviews is 2 a month, which is decent as far as that is concerned. I have actually become inundated with requests to review books, so I’m really excited to start getting through those, ASAP!
2. Become Wayyyyy More Involved in the Blogging Community
This past year was my first online, and I didn’t even realise that there was a blogging community at first. I used to have a fandom-instagram account (in my scary, please-don’t-talk-about-it preteen years) and so I probably should have guessed that something existed, but I didn’t really comprehend how AMAZING the community was until recently. So, I’ve put a bunch of twitter chats on my calendar, and I’m making a point of reaching out to as many people as possible.
3. Reach 300 Followers
This is quadrupling my current number, but considering 80% of these followers came in the last 2 months, I think I can do it. Hopefully this goal will come naturally because of the fact that I’m doing everything else right. In long term, I want to make it to 1,000, but I’ll give myself more than one year for that.
4. Start Reading more ARCs
I haven’t done one yet. Most of the books I read are purchased or from the library, and I recently just read my first from Blogging for Books and received my first from NetGalley. This should hopefully also inspire me to read a few more books than I would have otherwise.
I really want to start writing a full novel rather than drafting a bunch of different ones. I’m not sure if I’ll get to it, since college is starting, but that’s the goal. I really enjoy writing, and it takes the stress away, and it would be incredible if other people would have the opportunity to read my work!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post about my goals!
What are some of your goals for the coming year? Do you have any advice for me to meet mine? I want to know, so comment below!
Check out my Social Media:
~Now venture out and change the world ~